The Yacht Compliance Division
The division acts in general liaison with the captain and the crew. Over a phased period, a visit to each yacht is arranged. We systematically review all elements of the yacht’s manning, operation, equipment and technical specifications.
Our review includes:
- A review of the qualifications of captain, engineer and relevant crew members
- A review and implementation of recommendations made in all statutory and other surveys undertaken on the yacht
- A general review of each specific yacht’s responsibilities to ensure full compliance with applicable regulations
- The provision, of or a review of, the ISM or Mini ISM requirements applicable to the yacht and their implementation
- A review of systems, drills and yacht management
Our service ensures a complete shore-based back-up arrangement for yachts owned through structures under Safehaven’s administration and management worldwide.
With the operation and demands upon larger yachts becoming more onerous, Safehaven perceived a need for expertise in navigating through the requirements and regulations. Our service is a novel development since it is linked specifically to the legal ownership of vessels under administration.
Safehaven will ensure that the vessel is compliant within the demands of the relevant regulations.